Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Best Laid Plans


My plans for today fell through at the very last minute and when I say last minute, I mean last minute.  I was already in the car on my way to have coffee with SiSsy when she messaged and said she had been struck down with the dreaded gastro.  Damn you gastro, damn you!!!  {Get well soon SiSsy}

Hmmm, what to do, what to do...  It was nearly lunch time, BuBba was all packed up ready to go and the opportunity to do something was there.  A HA!  Lunch with Daddy BuBbles!























Previously I had said that I should make more of an effort to meet Daddy BuBbles for lunch in the city so off we went.  $16 later and a massive tonkatu lunch box (tonkatu, rice, Japanese spring roll thingies and a money bag, miso soup and some sashimi) and the winter lunching had continued.

On our way back to the car we passed Nurse's Walk.  This piqued my curiosity, being a nurse and all, and a quick Google reveals that the walk was created in 1979 in honour of the nurses who used to work in the hospitals in the area way back in the First Fleet days.

I wouldn't mind leisurely strolling the walk one day but it's not entirely pram friendly with stairs everywhere.  Might just leave BuBba at home one weekend and take some time out for me.  Of course I'll coincide it with the Rocks Markets.  

I'm not silly ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hehe I like your thinking - strolling and markets :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me do a happy dance so pretty please feel ever so free to leave some for me...

Related Posts with Thumbnails