Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Boy Oh Boy












What an emotional day yesterday was.  I purposely kept my post short because I knew I was being all emo and didn't want to spew out all my emotions on teh internetz but hey, isn't that what it's for???

Anyways, after many tears (mine of course) and discussion with Daddy BuBbles, we decided to send BuBba to only a half day of childcare today.  To be honest, we should have done that yesterday and it probably would have saved us a whole lot of hassles and trouble.  We were stupid.

Good news today was that he was more settled and ate better.  Bad news always seems to go with the good though and we were told today that the nicest and loveliest carer there was leaving next week.  Isn't it always the way???

It's amazing how I've surprised myself with my own emotions and reactions to this whole childcare gig.  I thought I'd be all cool with it.  

But I'm not.  

Even though I'm only returning to work part-time, I'm not sure how long I'll last because I can feel the call of the Stay-At-Home-Mum yelling out to me already.  

Time will tell.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you can work out what is best for your family. Both day care and staying at home are tough decisions to make. I'm sure he's having a great time playing with all the toys and the other kids at Day care but I can totally understand your tears. I haven't tackled that yet but know I would be an absolute mess :)
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure things will settle down eventually but it's all so new and raw atm.

    Thanks for your kind words.

    x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen so many parents go through this really, really difficult transition and to be honest, I couldn't do it! Don't be too hard on yourself :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me do a happy dance so pretty please feel ever so free to leave some for me...

Related Posts with Thumbnails