Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Attack of the Massive




For Daddy BuBble's birthday, I bought him the most excellent of presents, if I do say so myself - tickets to see Massive Attack at the Opera House forecourt accompanied by yours truly. 

Last night was the night and today's post was going to be about how awesome it was... how the crowd was heaving... how the sound was electric... how the weather and the view were perfect...

Alas, it was not meant to be.  We rocked up to our friend's apartment ready to put BuBba to sleep so we could head out and pretend we were normal again but BuBba had different ideas.  Very different ideas.  I don't know whether it was the borrowed portacot he didn't like or if it was the new environment but the proverbial sh!t hit the fan.  I couldn't leave him, I just couldn't.

In the end, our friend went with Daddy BuBbles to the concert and I stayed at the apartment with his partner and drank red wine, ate yummy pizza and watched The Hurt Locker, all the while BuBba was wide awake, crawling around and finding new things to play with.  He eventually fell asleep in my arms around 10 o'clock but not without a fight.

The little terror still woke up at 5am this morning!  And here I was thinking that I may have been lucky after last night's shenanigans and scored a sleep in...

Oh how I love him though.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, what a shame but it sounds like you had a nice night anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me do a happy dance so pretty please feel ever so free to leave some for me...

Related Posts with Thumbnails