Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday Drool - Part 2


A lovely friend of ours had offered to babysit BuBba so that we could go out to dinner.  Why is it always the way that BuBba decides to play up when we want to go out?  It's like he has some kind of sensor or radar.  Anyways, time was creeping closer to our reservation time and he still wasn't settling so in the end our friend pushed us out the door (not literally) and sent us on our way.  Apparently he eventually went back to sleep but it took at least another 15 minutes.

I wanted to try out a new local bar that had opened within the last week so I called the restaurant and said we were running late.  In 2007, Sydney's Lord Mayor, Clover Moore, introduced a Liquor Amendment (Small Bars and Restaurants) Bill in a bid to "remove key obstacles to more flexible liquor licensing by creating a new "small bar" licence; and abolishing the requirement for restaurants to pay $5,000 to $15,000 for a "dine-or-drink" authority to serve alcohol without meals."

 

Thank you Clover Moore and thank you Smallbar for opening up your second venture locally.  I noticed it had opened on Monday but perhaps it's first trading day was last Friday or Saturday and wow, was it busy!   The place was full to the brim but I guess that's not only because it's new but there's nothing else quite like it in the area.   Not bad seeing as it hasn't even been open for a week yet.

After indulging in a cheeky glass of bubbles, we then headed off to dinner.  We have now declared The Burlington our favourite local restaurant.


 

After starting with half a dozen Oysters Kilpatrick, we moved on to our mains.  

Unfortunately, I didn't take any photos and I'm so regretting that right about now because OH MY GOODNESS! I have never tasted such scrumptious pork belly in my life!  Seriously.  I had the Twice cooked 'five spiced' pork belly with seared scallops & coriander and I was in heaven.  The meat fell apart as it was picked up by the fork and the crackling was to die for.  Daddy BuBbles had the Herb crusted lamb loin, potato gratin, pimento & rosemary jus and although I did have a little taste test, to be honest, I was so in love with my dish that I didn't even give the lamb a second thought.

Dessert was just as delish and whilst Daddy BuBbles got all buzzed up on his 'Affogato' vanilla bean icecream, Frangelico, and a shot of espresso coffee, I devoured a deceptively and unusually light Lindt chocolate tart with vanilla ice-cream.

Hmmm, I wonder if I might go back again tonight for a second helping of the pork...

1 comment:

  1. Hehe I think you should definitely return for a second visit-just for photos you know! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me do a happy dance so pretty please feel ever so free to leave some for me...

Related Posts with Thumbnails