Tuesday, March 9, 2010

(My) Oscars Fashion Verdict

Oh lordy me, so many hits but so many misses.  Below I have handpicked what I think are the best and the worst of the fashions seen at yesterday's Academy Awards.  There is so much to comment on but if I do, this post will never end so I'll try and keep the comments short and sweet.


HITS

 
SJP in Chanel Couture - amazing dress.  Love the rear view and for once SJP's make-up doesn't make her look like one of the Witches of Eastwick.

Maggie Gyllenhaal in Dries van Noten - she is one sexy Mumma in digital print.


 
Mariska Hargitay in Vera Wang - God I love this woman.  She is the epitome of bee-you-tee-ful!  A paper bag would look great on her.


 
Diane Kruger in Chanel - ruffles, detailing, halter neck, modern hair do, gorgeous lady - check!


 
Penelope Cruz in Donna Karan Couture - gosh she's a stunner and she chose a perfect colour dress for her complexion.


 
Rachel McAdams in Elie Saab Haute Couture - I just love the flowy, ethereal vibe from this dress and can you tell I'm rocking the digital prints too?



MISSES



Zoe Saldana in Givenchy Couture - what were you thinking honey? Did you get your inspiration from this little lady...





Mariah Carey in Valentino.  What a horribly boring dress.  The poor lady just can't get it right.




Jennifer Lopez & Amanda Seyfriend both in Armani Prive.  Did I miss the memo about 2010 being the year of the bubble wrap?

The other misses in my books were the majority of dresses in pale & skin tone colours - it's just not my bag baby...  Beautiful dresses but they just don't possess the WOW factor.

Anna Kendrick in Elie Saab Haute Couture; Sandra Bullock in Marchesa; Miley Cyrus in Jenny Packham.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

Did you see some of the dresses that made an appearance at the Oscars After Parties?  Here's a few of my faves.

 
Lea Michele from Glee in Oscar de la Renta.  I think this is my ultimate favourite from the night.  Stunning, stunning, STUNNING!


 
Hayden Panetierre from Heroes in Amanda Wakeley.  This dress suits her new hair colour superbly.


 
Victoria Beckham in Victoria Beckham.  Someone get some pie in to this woman.


 
Hilary Swank in Armani Prive.  Damn, girl look fiiiine!


What did you think about the Oscars fashion and who was your favourite?  I had so much fun admiring the hair, jewels, shoes and of course the dresses.  Bring on 2011!


Images courtesy of Just JaredGetty ImagesWikifashion

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes Zoe Saldana is gorgeous but her dress was really a bit strange (and good call on the toilet dolly). Hilary's dress is hot-not her usual style! :o

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me do a happy dance so pretty please feel ever so free to leave some for me...

Related Posts with Thumbnails